from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. That can be substituted, interchanged, or revoked: a commutable prison sentence.
- adj. Accessible to commuters: "Seattle's next most commutable island is Vashon” ( Islands).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Capable of being commuted.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Capable of being commuted or interchanged.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Capable of being exchanged or mutually changed; interchangeable.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. subject to alteration or change
- adj. capable of being exchanged for another or for something else that is equivalent
commute + -able (Wiktionary)