from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Marked by or showing determination; resolute: was engaged in a protracted struggle with a determined enemy.
- adj. Decided or resolved.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Decided; resolute, possessing much determination.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of determine.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Decided; resolute.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Limited; restricted; confined within bounds; circumscribed.
- Definite; determinate; precisely marked.
- Characterized by or showing determination or fixed purpose; resolute: as, a determined man; a determined countenance; a determined effort.
- Unfaltering; unflinching; unwavering.
- Synonyms and Firm, inflexible, stanch, steadfast.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. determined or decided upon as by an authority
- adj. characterized by great determination
- adj. strongly motivated to succeed
- adj. devoting full strength and concentrated attention to
- adj. having been learned or found or determined especially by investigation
Sorry, no etymologies found.