from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Occurring at an unspecified time in the future: his eventual failure.
- adj. Archaic Dependent on circumstance; contingent.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Pertaining to events.
- adj. Inevitable.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Coming or happening as a consequence or result; consequential.
- adj. Final; ultimate.
- adj. Dependent on events; contingent.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to the event or issue; happening or to happen or exist finally; ultimate: as, his eventual success was unexpected.
- Contingent upon a future or as yet unknown event; depending upon an uncertain event; that may happen or come about: as, an eventual succession.
- Synonyms Ultimate, Conclusive, etc. See final.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. expected to follow in the indefinite future from causes already operating
French éventuel, from Latin ēventus, outcome; see event.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)