from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Coming without warning; unforeseen.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Not expected, anticipated or foreseen.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not expected; coming without warning; sudden.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not expected; not looked for; unforeseen; sudden: often used substantively with the definite article: as, it is the unexpected that happens.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. not expected or anticipated
un- + expected (Wiktionary)