American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Characterized by speed; rapid. See Synonyms at fast1.
- adj. Done or made too quickly to be accurate or wise; rash: a hasty decision. See Synonyms at impetuous.
- adj. Easily angered; irritable.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Moving or acting with haste; quick; speedy: opposed to slow.
- Eager; precipitate; rash; inconsiderate; acting or arising from heedless impulse or passion: opposed to deliberate.
- Requiring haste or immediate action.
- Early ripe; forward; hasting.
- adj. Acting in haste; being too hurried or quick. (e.g. Without much thinking about it they made a hasty decision to buy it.)
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Involving haste; done, made, etc., in haste.
- adj. rare Demanding haste or immediate action.
- adj. Moving or acting with haste or in a hurry; hurrying; hence, acting without deliberation; precipitate; rash; easily excited; eager.
- adj. Made or reached without deliberation or due caution
- adj. Proceeding from, or indicating, a quick temper.
- adj. obsolete Forward; early; first ripe.
- adj. done with very great haste and without due deliberation
- adj. excessively quick
- Old French hastif (Modern hâtif), from Frankish. (Wiktionary)
“The Cabinet said it also wants the Israeli leadership to apologize for what it described as "hasty" remarks about Egypt.”
“Asmal warned against what he described as hasty and ill-considered responses to the national higher education plan.”
“Fisheries director Erminio Lima Alberto told AFP that the EU should reconsider the ban, which he called a hasty measure.”
“I'm thirty, and not what you call hasty, as I used to be, or thinking that nothing matters like the French.”
“When John Paul's beatification was announced in January, the U.S.-based Survivor's Network of those Abused by Priests criticized what it described as a "hasty drive to confer sainthood on the pontiff under whose reign most of the widely documented clergy sex crimes and coverups took place.”
“Heine says he's been forced to take his stock of the bath salts - worth thousands of dollars - off the shelves because of what he calls a hasty and wrong decision by the attorney general.”
“Lawmakers said sabotage was not in play in the Abadan incidents and instead accused Ahmadinejad of ignoring "well-known technical problems" in what they described as the hasty opening of the refinery.”
“American Petroleum Institute and National Assn. of Manufacturers, welcomed the delays as a mea culpa by the administration for making what they call hasty decisions on environmental regulation.”
“All our hopes are hung around the dream of a world at peace, and if we made a mistake in hasty demobilization, it was a mistake of the head, not of the heart.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘hasty’.
What a -Y does to an otherwise common, dull word
Negative attributes or actions.
The new favourite words of people on Twitter.
A script searches Twitter for "X is my new favorite word" and adds it to this list.
unfathomably, glice, cuh, fab, ciggaty, doll, thuggin, oxymoronic, pineapple, succubutt, griming, cheeky and 3063 more...
My big word list.
Words from 2008 'RocknRolla' film.
abandon,extreme e..., abash,to humiliate, abate,to lessen, abbreviate,to sho..., abridge, abdicate,to forma..., aberration,depart..., abnormality, abet,to encourage, abhor,to hate, abide,to follow o..., abject,utterly ho... and 2228 more...
abandon,extreme e..., dispensing of all..., abash,to humiliate, abate,to lessen, abbreviate,to sho..., abridge, abdicate,to forma..., aberration,depart..., abnormality, abet,to encourage, abhor,to hate, abide,to follow o... and 2229 more...
Is it a random word or is it the next big thing?
Looking for tweets for hasty.