from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Audacious and gallant; spirited.
- adj. Marked by showy elegance; splendid: a dashing coat. See Synonyms at fashionable.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Spirited, audacious and full of high spirits.
- adj. Chic, fashionable.
- v. Present participle of dash.
- n. The action of the verb to dash.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Bold; spirited; showy.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Performed with or at a dash; impetuous; spirited: as, a dashing charge.
- Showy; brilliant: as, a dashing fellow.
- Ostentatious; bold; dashy.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. lively and spirited
- adj. marked by up-to-dateness in dress and manners
Sorry, no etymologies found.