from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having life; alive. See Synonyms at living.
- adj. Filled with activity, vigor, or spirit; lively.
- adj. Designed or constructed in the form of an animated cartoon.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Endowed with life; full of life or spirit; indicating animation; lively; vigorous. Typically used in an animated discussion.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of animate.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Endowed with life; full of life or spirit; indicating animation; lively; vigorous.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Endowed with animal life: as, the various classes of animated beings.
- Lively; vigorous; full of life, action, spirit; indicating or representing animation: as, an animated discourse; an animated picture.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having life or vigor or spirit
- adj. made to appear to move as living creatures do
Sorry, no etymologies found.