American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Having life; alive. See Synonyms at living.
- adj. Filled with activity, vigor, or spirit; lively.
- adj. Designed or constructed in the form of animated cartoon.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Endowed with animal life: as, the various classes of animated beings.
- Lively; vigorous; full of life, action, spirit; indicating or representing animation: as, an animated discourse; an animated picture.
- adj. Endowed with life; full of life or spirit; indicating animation; lively; vigorous. Typically used in an animated discussion.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of animate.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Endowed with life; full of life or spirit; indicating animation; lively; vigorous.
- adj. having life or vigor or spirit
- adj. made to appear to move as living creatures do
“We can always rely on NMA News to bring us the latest headlines in animated form.”
“Hello, Hello to feature in animated Disney film about two lovestruck garden gnomes”
“Brewster in animated conversation with Wolf Larsen.”
“Either of those in animated form would be cool to see.”
“For those of you who like to find visual in-jokes in animated movies, there are numerous ones in The Princess and the Frog, including caricatures of various Disney employees and nods to previous films.”
“Plus, characters important to both the Superman “family” and the DCU — such as Steel and Supergirl — were also first seen in animated form here.”
“The Giving Mouth" features a fantasy landscape of mining, coal and smoke where knights in animated armor ride steamhorses made of "liveiron.”
“Want to know how I got a certain animated effect in Sita Sings the Blues?”
“While waiting for me he had engaged Maud in animated discussion.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘animated’.
A complete Barron's Wordlist for GRE preparation. Your online flashcard replacement.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
List of most of the words I've learned
A complete list of the green cards (adjectives) from the popular word game.
The Velvetine Ruffians
descriptive eye words
Looking for tweets for animated.