from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Zestfully enthusiastic.
- adj. Boiling or seeming to boil; bubbling.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. boiling, agitated, enthusiastic, high-spirited
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Boiling up or over; hence, manifesting exhilaration or excitement, as of feeling; effervescing.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Boiling over, as a liquid; overflowing; hence, over-enthusiastic; overdemonstrative.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. joyously unrestrained
Latin ēbulliēns, ēbullient-, present participle of ēbullīre, to bubble up : ē-, ex-, up, out; see ex- + bullīre, to bubble, boil.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Latin bullire ("to bubble up") (English boil). Compare bubbling, bubbly, and perky, which give a similar image. (Wiktionary)