from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Causing a burning sensation, as from contact with hot liquid.
- adj. Boiling: scalding water.
- adj. Scorching; searing: scalding sunlight.
- adj. Harshly critical or denunciatory; scathing: a scalding review of the play.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Hot enough to burn.
- v. Present participle of scald.
- n. An instance of scalding; a burn.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act or process of burning with hot liquid or with steam.
- n. plural Things scalded or boiled, especially while still scalding hot.
Sorry, no etymologies found.