from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. So hot as to glow with a bright white light.
- adj. Zealous; fervid.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Hot enough to glow with a bright white light.
- adj. fervid or zealous.
- adj. Blazing.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. White with heat; heated to whiteness, or incandescence.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Heated to full incandescence so as to emit all the rays of the visible spectrum, and hence appear a dazzling white to the eye. See radiation and spectrum, and red heat, white heat (under heat).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. intensely zealous or fervid
- adj. glowing white with heat
Sorry, no etymologies found.