from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to Sirius or Procyon.
- adj. Of or relating to the dog days.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to the dog days
- adj. Of or pertaining to the ancient Egyptian cycle of 1460 years, or the year from one rising of Sirius to the next
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to, or measured, by the rising of the Dog Star.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to Canicula, the dog-star, or to the dog-days.
- Relating to the dog: as, a canicular tale.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to the dog days of summer
- adj. relating to or especially immediately preceding or following the heliacal rising of Canicula (the Dog Star)
Late Latin canīculāris, of Sirius, from Latin Canīcula, Sirius, diminutive of canis, dog; see kwon- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)