from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Exposed to breezes; windy.
- adj. Fresh and animated; lively: a breezy prose style.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. with a breeze blowing, with a lively wind, pleasantly windy
- adj. with a cheerful, casual, lively and light-hearted manner
- adj. this sense?) flatulent
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Characterized by, or having, breezes; airy.
- adj. Fresh; brisk; full of life.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of the nature of a breeze; blowy; windy.
- Fanned with gentle winds or breezes: as, the breezy shore.
- Figuratively, brisk; lively; sprightly: as, a breezy essay.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. fresh and animated
- adj. abounding in or exposed to the wind or breezes
Happily for her readers, Knuth isn't afraid to laugh, sharing her God stories in breezy, eloquent prose with ample self-deprecation and great humor.
When you over hear a conversation across the room, two guys are talking and one says "It has to be easy, ..." he pauses and my mind automatically fills in "... breezy, Covergirl!"
San Francisco clinched NL West two weeks ago in breezy, blustery weather. ...
To have a ramshackle young woman from Hampstead patting her on the back as it were, in breezy certitude that quite soon she would improve, stirred her more deeply than anything had stirred her since her first discovery that Mr. Fisher was not what he seemed.
It was very loose and easy-breezy, which is the look I'm after.
In theory, that print is interesting and that top is kind of breezy and effortlessly sexy.
For whatever is worth, I found The Poison Throne very unappealing - its style is very YA breezy which is ok sometimes, but the naming conventions just threw me off badly.
The rest of the country looking relatively quiet, kind of breezy across the northeast today.
In my opinion, the Rabbi did not fully think through the possible effect of his actions, just as sometimes posts at this site are not fully analyzed and another poster described them as "breezy", particularly when dealing with religious topics.
The fabric contrasts in the drawing look kind of breezy and fetching...but I still don't get it.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.