American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Airy; breezy; exposed to the air; elevated; lofty; ethereal; visionary.
- n. The nest of a bird of prey, as an eagle or a hawk; hence, a lofty nest of any large bird.
- n. The brood in the nest; the young of a bird of prey; figuratively, children.
- n. An elevated habitation or situation.
- To build or have an aery.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. An aerie.
- adj. Poetic Aërial; ethereal; incorporeal; visionary.
- adj. characterized by lightness and insubstantiality; as impalpable or intangible as air
- n. any habitation at a high altitude
- n. the lofty nest of a bird of prey (such as a hawk or eagle)
- Latin āerius, of the air; see aerial. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“The whole EP was built around a basic idea, a kind of "aery" sound element that served as the spine for four completely different clones.”
“On an afternoon of adventurism, from the soldier's aery the three were easy prey.”
“Thus in ‘aethereal,’ ‘paean,’ and one or two more words the “ae” will be found, and ‘airy’ still appears as ‘aery’.”
“All around them the meteors briefly dived and vanished, as tiny points of stardust in the long travel of their cloud struck the aery halo of the earth, burned bright and were gone.”
“She turned toward the skull, which still glowed and pulsed on the floor, and was reaching a booted toe tentatively toward it, when the man who called himself Techotl sprang forward with aery.”
“The sunset begins to burn red behind Magdalen Tower, all the towers and aery pinnacles rise blue yet distinct against it.”
“Not Age but Youth of centuries smiles from gray walls and aery pinnacles upon the joyous children of To-day.”
“Kenkenes from his aery watched her, noting with a softening countenance the almost maternal love that beautified her face.”
“From his aery Kenkenes watched this particular phase of her tasks with interest.”
“Only to look down on her again, unseen, from his aery in the rocks over the valley!”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘aery’.
These come from gamma meditation ,I think.
A myriad of game-changing words every Scrabble addict must have in his arsenal.
Keep in mind that these are all tried-and-true feasibly playable words selected for their handiness, i.e...
Terminology from my world-building project that will need to be properly lexiconned and defined one day.
Looking for tweets for aery.