from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of fume.
- adj. that fumes
- adj. very angry
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Producing fumes, or vapors.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Smoking; fumigation.
- n. Fume; idle conceit; vain fancy.
- n. Irritated excitement; anger.
- n. The process of subjecting oak or other wood used in furniture to the fumes of ammonia, in order to give it an appearance of age.
- n. In photography, the process of exposing albuminized paper to the fumes of ammonia, which makes the paper print a trifle more quickly and gives it a purple tone.
Sorry, no etymologies found.