from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Emitting sparks of fire when struck with steel; scintillating; as, ignescent stones
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Emitting sparks of fire when struck with steel; scintillating.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Taking or giving out fire; emitting sparks of fire when struck, as with steel; scintillating: as, ignescent stones.
- n. Anything that emits sparks; specifically, a stone or mineral that gives out sparks when struck with steel or iron.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. can emit sparks or burst into flame
Through all the outbursts of her ignescent hate Sister Helen can never lose the ineradicable relics of her human love:
According to sources close to Mr. Palin who, describing himself as "more, if possible, reclusive than [his] wife", Alaska Governor Sarah Palin, refused to speak in public, said the find "could conceivably drive the final nail into the nihilistic coffin of the wanton hordes of evolutionists who would import calumnies declaiming God's Message of Creation in the face of the ignescent fires of truth, as evidenced in these recent early fossils."
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.