from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to aerodynamics.
- adj. Designed with rounded edges so as to reduce wind drag and thereby increase fuel efficiency. Used especially of motor vehicles.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of, or relating to the science of aerodynamics
- adj. having a shape that reduces drag when moving through the air
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to the force of air in motion.
- adj. having a shape designed to minimize wind resistance (aerodynamic drag) when moving through the air or other gas; -- used especially of vehicles.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Relating or pertaining to the force of air and gases in motion.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. designed or arranged to offer the least resistant to fluid flow
- adj. of or relating to aerodynamics
Apparently all that we humans need to become aerodynamic is to wear some yellow fans in our armpits.
The Antas has a low, sloping front end, while a rear-mounted fin dominates the muscle-car body, recalling aerodynamic touring cars of the 1930s.
The warning system was trying to protect against a condition called aerodynamic stall, in which the plane does not have enough speed to fly.
Researchers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) say they have found a way to drastically minimize vehicle dag by controlling the so-called aerodynamic separation -- a technical dilemma scientist refer to as "a century-old problem in the field of fluid mechanics."
Underbody systems in the Ford Escape Hybrid, such as aerodynamic shields, splash shields and radiator air deflector shields, are made from post-consumer recycled resins such as detergent and water bottles, diverting between 25 and 30 million pounds of plastic from landfills.
The stunning "aerodynamic" shapes that come to dominate so many of these cars have little to do with making them work better.
Hence the sharp-silhouette, "aerodynamic" form of the tall building and the sculpted figures of the heroic airmen crowning seven openwork arches, perpendicular to the main facade and comprising a distinctive portal.
Filmmaker and musician Killian MacGeraghty of the San Francisco band The Gun and Doll Show packed his Super 8 camera into a hand-carved styrofoam "aerodynamic" protective shell, hooked it to a fishing rod, hit record, and tossed it off the Golden Gate Bridge.
They're not exactly what you'd call "aerodynamic"...
Technologies such as aerodynamic flaps make trucks more frugal with fuel.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.