from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to tension.
- adj. Capable of being stretched or extended; ductile.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to tension
- adj. Capable of being stretched; ductile
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to extension.
- adj. Capable of extension; ductile; tensible.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to tension: as, tensile strength.
- Capable of tension; capable of being drawn out or extended in length or breadth; tensible.
- In musical instruments, producing tones by means of stretched strings.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. capable of being shaped or bent or drawn out
- adj. of or relating to tension
New Latin tēnsilis, from Latin tēnsus, stretched out; see tense1.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)