from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to tension.
- adj. Capable of being stretched or extended; ductile.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to tension
- adj. Capable of being stretched; ductile
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to extension.
- adj. Capable of extension; ductile; tensible.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to tension: as, tensile strength.
- Capable of tension; capable of being drawn out or extended in length or breadth; tensible.
- In musical instruments, producing tones by means of stretched strings.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. capable of being shaped or bent or drawn out
- adj. of or relating to tension
According to Mr. Jurgensen, "Drawing on his own work at a sewing machine, Mr. Fisher decided to drape the legs in tensile fabric, which becomes taut when crew members pop out a series of knobby" polyps "inside the frame."
Viroc is superior on measures including resistance to insects, rot, and mold, fire resistance, and impact resistance, and inferior on parameters such as tensile strength.
AMETEK M&CT designs, manufactures and distributes material test instruments for a wide range of applications such as tensile, hardness and force testing, instruments for high accuracy temperature, pressure and signal calibration, and a suite of sensors for pressure, level, position and temperature.
Because of its special properties such as tensile strength and wear resistance
Our documentation also says "There are various methods for 'approximating' strain based material data from the more readily available monotonic data such as tensile strength, modulus etc.
It could be that 100 years from now, hunters will be using sports grade nuclear war heads or something with enough recoil to require high tensile strength steel stocks and an emergency medical backup team.
A light, high-tensile steel frame provides a strong foundation for the double-wishbone front and single-shock rear long-travel suspension systems.
What you fill in between the box created is more filler and should not be needed to provide tensile strength if the home is constructed properly.
These are a good example of the compressive strength of unreinforced concrete and the lack of tensile strength.
If you are relying on the blocks for tensile strength you will surely show cracks over time, no matter what kind of block you use.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.