from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Presumptuous; arrogant.
- conj. On the assumption that; supposing: Assuming the house is for sale, would you buy it?
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of assume.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pretentious; taking much upon one's self; presumptuous.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Taking or disposed to take upon one's self more than is just; disposed to attribute to one's self undue importance; haughty; arrogant.
- Synonyms Bold, forward, presuming, self-confident.
- n. Presumption.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. excessively forward
Sorry, no etymologies found.