from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Characterized by assumption.
- adj. Taken for granted; assumed.
- adj. Presumptuous; assuming.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Held as true or valid without evidence.
- adj. Forward or presumptuous.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Assumed, or capable of being assumed; characterized by assumption; making unwarranted claims.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Capable of being assumed; assumed.
- Marked or characterized by assumptions.
- Now, arms which a person has a right, with the approbation of his sovereign and of the heralds, to assume.
- Armorial bearings improperly assumed. [Rare in last use.] Also called arms of assumption.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. excessively forward
- adj. accepted as real or true without proof
Sorry, no etymologies found.