from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Commonly accepted or recognized.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Generally accepted, recognized or admitted.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of acknowledg.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of acknowledge.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Generally accepted or recognized as correct or reasonable. Opposite of
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. generally accepted
- adj. recognized or made known or admitted
Sorry, no etymologies found.