from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Corresponding; similar: plans that are conformable to your wishes.
- adj. Quick to comply; submissive.
- adj. Geology Of, relating to, or being strata that are parallel to each other without interruption.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having the same shape, very similar.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Corresponding in form, character, opinions, etc.; similar; like; consistent; proper or suitable; -- usually followed by to.
- adj. Disposed to compliance or obedience; ready to follow directions; quick to comply; submissive; compliant.
- adj. Parallel, or nearly so; -- said of strata in contact.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Corresponding in form, character, etc; resembling; like; similar: as, this machine is conformable to the model.
- Exhibiting harmony or conformity; agreeable; suitable; consistent; adapted; adjusted.
- Compliant; acquiescent; ready to follow directions; submissive; obsequious; disposed to obey.
- [In all the preceding senses generally followed by to, sometimes by with.]
- Properly or suitably arranged or formed; convenient.
- In geology, having the same dip and direction: said of two or more stratified beds.
- Specifically, that accepts and conforms to the usages of the Anglican Church.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. quick to comply
- adj. disposed or willing to comply
- adj. in keeping
Sorry, no etymologies found.