from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Tending to cause or bring about; contributive: working conditions not conducive to productivity. See Synonyms at favorable.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Tending to contribute to, encourage, or bring about some result.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Loading or tending; helpful; contributive; tending to promote.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having the quality of conducing, promoting, or furthering; tending to advance or bring about: with to.
- Synonyms Helpful, contributing, promotive, furthersome.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. tending to bring about; being partly responsible for
Sorry, no etymologies found.