from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of forward.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of one who forwards; the act or occupation of transmitting merchandise or other property for others.
- n. The process of putting a book into its cover, and making it ready for the finisher.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act or business of sending forward merchandise, etc.; the business of a forwarder. See forwarder, 1.
- n. In bookbinding, the operations of putting on the covers and back, rounding the back, trimming the edges, adding bands, lining, and all other work, after the sewing of the sheets, that is needed to prepare the book for the finisher.
- Advancing; promoting; expediting; sending forward.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the advancement of some enterprise
- n. the act of sending on to another destination
Sorry, no etymologies found.