from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Ready for service; usable: serviceable equipment.
- adj. Able to give long service; durable: a heavy, serviceable fabric.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Easy to service
- adj. Repairable instead of disposable
- adj. In condition for use
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Doing service; promoting happiness, interest, advantage, or any good; useful to any end; adapted to any good end use; beneficial; advantageous.
- adj. Prepared for rendering service; capable of, or fit for, the performance of duty; hence, active; diligent.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Disposed to be of service; willing; diligent; attentive.
- Connected with service; proffering service.
- Capable of rendering useful service; promoting happiness, interest, advantage, or any good; useful; beneficial; advantageous.
- Durable; admitting of hard or long use or wear: as, a serviceable fabric.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. intended or able to serve a purpose without elaboration
- adj. capable of being put to good use
- adj. ready for service or able to give long service
Sorry, no etymologies found.