from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Capable of being relied on; dependable: a reliable assistant; a reliable car.
- adj. Yielding the same or compatible results in different clinical experiments or statistical trials.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Suitable or fit to be relied on; worthy of dependence or reliance; trustworthy
- adj. Such that either a sent packet will reach its destination, even if it requires retransmission, or the sender will be told that it didn't
- n. Something or someone reliable
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Suitable or fit to be relied on; worthy of dependance or reliance; trustworthy.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- That may be relied on; fit or worthy to be relied on; worthy of reliance; to be depended on; trustworthy.
- Synonyms Trustworthy, trusty.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. conforming to fact and therefore worthy of belief
- adj. worthy of reliance or trust
- adj. worthy of being depended on
From Scottish raliabill, itself from to rely + -able (Wiktionary)