from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Meant to deceive; not genuine.
- adj. Seemingly true or genuine; plausible. See Synonyms at plausible.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Alternative spelling of colourable.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Specious; plausible; having an appearance of right or justice.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Capable of being colored; capable of being dyed, painted, tinged, or stained.
- Specious; plausible; giving an appearance of right, fairness, or fitness, especially a false appearance: as, a colorable pretext; a colorable excuse.
- Synonyms Specious, Plausible, etc. See ostensible.
Sorry, no etymologies found.