from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Adequately versed in a subject.
- adj. Having a sound basis; well-founded.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having extensive knowledge of a subject
- adj. Based on good judgment and solid reasoning
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having good grounds or reasons; well-based; well-founded.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. logically valid
Sorry, no etymologies found.