from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of emboss.
- adj. With raised letters or images on the surface.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Formed or covered with bosses or raised figures.
- adj. Having a part projecting like the boss of a shield.
- adj. Swollen; protuberant.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Formed of or furnished with bosses or raised figures: as, embossed leather; embossed writing.
- In botany, projecting in the center like the boss or umbo of a round shield or target.
- Swollen; puffed up.
- In entomology, having several plane tracts of any shape elevated above the rest of the surface: said of the sculpture of insects.
- In glassdecoration, grained.
- Foaming at the mouth and panting, as from exhaustion with running: a hunting term formerly applied to dogs and beasts of the chase.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. embellished with a raised pattern created by pressure or embroidery
Sorry, no etymologies found.