from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Grown abnormally into the flesh: an ingrown toenail.
- adj. Inbred; innate: ingrown habits.
- adj. Insular; self-contained: "the small, ingrown world of lower Manhattan” ( Forbes).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. That has grown inwards or abnormally towards (part of the body)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having grown or appearing to grow into some other substance, especially a fingernail or toenail growing into the adjacent flesh.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Grown from within; innate: as, “Art with Language lived ingrown,”
- Grown inward: as, an ingrown nail.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. growing abnormally into the flesh
Sorry, no etymologies found.