from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Adhering to conservative or reactionary principles: an old-line senator.
- adj. Long established: an old-line New England family.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. reactionary or conservative
- adj. long-established
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of the old line or direction of thought or doctrine; conservative: as, an old-line Whig.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. adhering to conservative or reactionary principles
Sorry, no etymologies found.