from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. strongly affected, especially favourably
- adj. stamped, under pressure
- adj. compelled to serve in a military force
- adj. confiscated by force or authority
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of impress.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. having the conscious mind deeply or markedly affected or influenced; -- usually used with by or with.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In zoology and botany: Lower than the general surface, and appearing as if stamped into it: as, an impressed line or dot.
- Having one or more impressions.
- In electricity, supplied to a circuit by some outside source: for example, the impressed electromotive force of a circuit is the electromotive force supplied to it by a generator.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. deeply or markedly affected or influenced
Sorry, no etymologies found.