- v. Simple past tense and past participle of dress.
- v. New Orleans Having a sandwich prepared with several fixings, typically lettuce, tomato, and mayonnaise.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. same as attired.
- adj. covered with medication or a bandage ; -- of wounds.
- adj. trim and smooth; -- of lumber or stone.
- adj. treated with medications and protective covering
- adj. dressed or clothed especially in fine attire; often used in combination
- adj. (of lumber or stone) to trim and smooth
- adj. dressed in fancy or formal clothing
“Oh, Mr. Hillyard, there was a time when she really dressed -- _dressed_, you understand.”
“LaPensée further wonders about the origin of the expression "dressed to the nines," which means dressed in grand style.”
“Edwin Radford records the expression "dressed up to the knocker," which means dressed in the latest fashion.”
“A Robin dressed as Robin from this Worth 1000 contest.”
“Being alone and immodestly dressed is a deadly combination.”
“At that point, the camera was stopped and the actor departed while a mannequin dressed as Mary was brought in.”
“You have the villain dressed in dark black, and the good guys in white and green.”
“I do love the Regency era (have been watching Hornblower on TV of late - Ioan Gruffudd in dressed as a Regency buck would be stunning:)”
“(His beard will manage the act and the three beard children will be part of the sequin dressed retinue.)”
“A couple of stories stick out amongst many … One organization decided to market my program as a Reverse Strip Tea (as I get dressed from the inside out, not strip from the outside down).”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘dressed’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
Words made of the following: qwertasdfgzxcvb. I've stood on the shoulders of giants... users mollusque and reesetee made similar lists before I even existed on Wordnik. :)
You may start on any key. You may repeat a character, or travel to an adjacent key on the keyboard. On my qwerty keyboard, I may follow s with w, e, d, x, z, a, or (repeating) s. (If you use az...
Listening to this as an audio book for the second time. Tim O'Brien uses simple words and phrases to great effect. Very few unfamilar and big words . The writing style reminds me of words from Joh...
Looking for tweets for dressed.