American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Highly accomplished or skilled; polished: a finished artist.
- adj. Exhibiting a high degree of skill or polish: an essay that was a finished piece of work.
- adj. Doomed to death or destruction.
- adj. Having no more use, value, or potential; washed-up.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Polished to the highest degree of excellence; complete; perfect: as, a finished poem; a finished education.
- adj. Processed or perfected.
- adj. Terminated; over; done for.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of finish.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Polished to the highest degree of excellence; complete; perfect.
- adj. ended or brought to an end
- adj. (of materials or goods) brought to the desired final state
- adj. brought to ruin
- adj. (of skills or the products of skills) brought to or having the greatest excellence; perfected.
- adj. having a surface coating or finish applied
“After his term finished in January, Schwarzenegger recently announced that he would be returning to the silver screen.”
“The title finished No. 3 domestically see below, and its weekend global take stands at $23.1 million ...”
“The way to get around it would be for him not to take his seat until his term finished I suppose.”
“The offer was accepted and the term finished without”
“They were fighting for the second time after their first bout for the title finished in a draw in May last year in Italy.”
“Nat Young (Santa Cruz, CA), whose O'Neill Cold Water win makes him the youngest competitor to ever win the title finished second in the Oakley Pro Junior division of the Macy's CA Trifecta Surf Series race and collected $2,000.”
“Kocharyan has had few appearances before TV cameras or interviews in the press ever since his term finished last spring.”
“We are talking about the dosage what we call the finished dosage from inform generics, what we spoke, we've talked about a couple of [cad] that we've launched publicly when we call the pain reliever we indent to try and goodness to try, we've got a few behind that and more importantly we are working on that pipeline assiduously.”
“Only by blending water from the most contaminated wells with flows from those with just trace levels has the city kept perchlorate concentrations in "finished" drinking water below 1 part per billion (ppb).”
“The designs are offered in finished-enough form that they can be installed as shown.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘finished’.
A complete Barron's Wordlist for GRE preparation. Your online flashcard replacement.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
includes words of the "Prodcom list"
Listening to this as an audio book for the second time. Tim O'Brien uses simple words and phrases to great effect. Very few unfamilar and big words . The writing style reminds me of words from Joh...
Looking for tweets for finished.