from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. No longer active or practicing: a lapsed Catholic; a lapsed club member.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of lapse.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having slipped downward, backward, or away; having lost position, privilege, etc., by neglect; -- restricted to figurative uses.
- adj. Ineffectual, void, or forfeited
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. no longer active or practicing
Sorry, no etymologies found.