from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or belonging to the body.
- adj. Physical as opposed to mental or spiritual: bodily welfare.
- adv. In the flesh; in person: bodily but not mentally present.
- adv. As a complete physical entity: carried the child bodily from the room.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, relating to, or concerning the body.
- adv. In or by the body; physically.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having a body or material form; physical; corporeal; consisting of matter.
- adj. Of or pertaining to the body, in distinction from the mind.
- adj. Real; actual; put in execution.
- adv. Corporeally; in bodily form; united with a body or matter; in the body.
- adv. In respect to, or so as to affect, the entire body or mass; entirely; all at once; completely; as, to carry away bodily. “Leapt bodily below.”
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or concerning the body; of or belonging to the body or to the physical constitution; not mental; corporeal: as, bodily dimensions; bodily exertions; bodily pain.
- Having a material body.
- Synonyms Bodily, Physical, Corporal, Corporeal. Bodily generally means connected with the body or a body, and is frequently opposed to mental: as, bodily pains, bodily strength. Physical in this connection is often the same as bodily, but may cover everything that is material, as opposed to mental or spiritual: as, physical distress. Corporal relates to the body in its outward bearings: as, corporal punishment; corporeal, to its substance, being opposed to spiritual or immaterial: as, corporeal existence.
- Corporeally; in connection with a body or matter; in the flesh; in person.
- In respect to the entire body or mass; entirely; completely: as, to carry a thing away bodily.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or belonging to the body
- adv. in bodily form
- adj. having or relating to a physical material body
- adj. affecting or characteristic of the body as opposed to the mind or spirit
body + -ly (Wiktionary)