from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or characteristic of the body. See Synonyms at bodily.
- adj. Of a material nature; tangible.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. material; tangible; physical
- adj. Of or pertaining to the body; bodily.
- adj. Corporal.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having a body; consisting of, or pertaining to, a material body or substance; material; -- opposed to
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of a material or physical nature; having the characteristics of a material body; not mental or spiritual in constitution.
- Relating to a material body or material things; relating to that which is physical: as, corporeal rights.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having material or physical form or substance
- adj. affecting or characteristic of the body as opposed to the mind or spirit
From Latin corporeus, from corpus, corpor-, body; see kwrep- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin corporeus, from corpus ("body"); compare corporal. (Wiktionary)