from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Subject to decay, spoilage, or destruction.
- n. Something, especially foodstuff, subject to decay or spoilage. Often used in the plural.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. That which perishes or is short-lived.
- n. food that does not keep for long.
- adj. Liable to perish, especially naturally subject to quick decomposition or decay.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Liable to perish; subject to decay, destruction, or death
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Liable to perish; subject to decay or destruction; mortal.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. food that will decay rapidly if not refrigerated
- adj. liable to perish; subject to destruction or death or decay
perish + -able (Wiktionary)