from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Living or lasting only a short time; ephemeral.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Alive or existent for only a short period of time.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not living or lasting long; being of short continuance.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having a short life or existence; not living or lasting long; of short continuance: as, a short-lived race of beings; short-lived passion.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. lasting a very short time
short + (long)-lived.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From short + life + -ed. (Wiktionary)