from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not occurring regularly; occasional or rare: an infrequent guest.
- adj. Situated or placed at rather wide intervals, as in time or space: infrequent oases in the desert.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Not frequent; not happening frequently.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Seldom happening or occurring; rare; uncommon; unusual.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not frequent or customary; rare; uncommon; unaccustomed.
- In zoology, being, as component parts, far removed from one another; distant; not numerous or close: as, infrequent spines, punctures, etc.
- In botany, distant; sparsely placed: said of punctures, glands, hairs, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. not frequent; not occurring regularly or at short intervals
Sorry, no etymologies found.