from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Grudging and petty in giving or spending.
- adj. Meanly small; scanty or meager: left the waiter a niggardly tip.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Withholding for the sake of meanness; stingy, miserly.
- adv. In a parsimonious way; sparingly, stingily.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Meanly covetous or avaricious in dealing with others; stingy; niggard.
- adv. In a niggard manner.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Like a niggard; sordidly parsimonious or sparing; close-fisted; stingy: as, a niggardly person.
- Characteristic of a niggard; meanly parsimonious; scanty: as, niggardly entertainment; niggardly thrift.
- Synonyms Parsimonious, Stingy, etc.(see penurious), illiberal, close-fisted, saving, chary.
- In the manner of a niggard; sparingly; parsimoniously.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. petty or reluctant in giving or spending
From niggard + -ly. (Wiktionary)