from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. In a poor, lowly, or base manner.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. Moderately.
- adv. In a mean manner; unworthily; basely; poorly; ungenerously.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In a mean, low, or humble degree; basely.
- With a low estimate; disrespectfully; contemptuously: as, to think or speak meanly of a person.
- Common; general.
- Moderate; mild.
- In a mean or middling manner or degree. Moderately.
- Indifferently; poorly.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. poorly or in an inferior manner
- adv. in a nasty ill-tempered manner
- adv. in a despicable, ignoble manner
- adv. in a miserly manner
From mean + -ly. (Wiktionary)