from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Nearsighted; myopic.
- adj. Lacking foresight.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Alternative spelling of short-sighted.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not able to see far; nearsighted; myopic. See myopic, and myopia.
- adj. Fig.: Not able to look far into futurity; unable to understand things deep; of limited intellect.
- adj. Having little regard for the future; heedless.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having distinct vision only when the object is near; near-sighted; myopic.
- Not able to look far into futurity; of limited intellect; not able to discern remoter consequences or results; not gifted with foresight.
- Proceeding from or characterized by a want of foresight: as, a short-sighted plan.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. not given careful consideration
- adj. lacking foresight or scope
- adj. unable to see distant objects clearly
Sorry, no etymologies found.