from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not providing for the future; thriftless.
- adj. Rash; incautious.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. failing to provide for the future; reckless
- adj. incautious; prone to rashness
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not provident; wanting foresight or forethought; not foreseeing or providing for the future; negligent; thoughtless.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not provident; wanting foresight; neglecting to provide for future needs or exigencies; unthrifty.
- Synonyms Imprudent, shiftless, careless, prodigal. See wisdom.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. not given careful consideration
- adj. not provident; not providing for the future
From the Latin improvidens; in- + provident (Wiktionary)