from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Lacking purpose or vitality; feeble or ineffective.
- adj. Careless and irresponsible.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Lacking purpose.
- adj. Without skill, ineffective, incompetent.
- adj. Lacking the courage to act in any meaningful way.
- adj. Lacking vitality.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Spiritless; weak; worthless.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Spiritless; weak; useless; worthless.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. generally incompetent and ineffectual
- adj. not fit to assume responsibility
Scots feck, effect (alteration of effect) + -less.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Scots, feck ("effect"), aphetic form of effect, + -less. (Wiktionary)