from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not capable of producing a desired effect or result; ineffective.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Incapable of having the intended consequence.
- adj. Not effective.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not efficacious; not having power to produce the effect desired; inadequate; incompetent; inefficient; impotent.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not efficacious; not having power to produce the effect desired; of inadequate force.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. lacking the power to produce a desired effect
Sorry, no etymologies found.