from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not adequate to fulfill a need or meet a requirement; insufficient.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Not adequate; unequal to the purpose; insufficient; deficient; as, inadequate resources, power, conceptions, representations, etc.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not adequate; unequal to the purpose; insufficient; deficient
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not adequate; not equal to requirement; insufficient to effect the end desired; incomplete; disproportionate; defective.
- Synonyms Incommensurate, incompetent.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. lacking the requisite qualities or resources to meet a task
- adj. not sufficient to meet a need
Sorry, no etymologies found.