from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not commensurate; disproportionate: a reward incommensurate with their efforts.
- adj. Inadequate.
- adj. Incommensurable.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Out of proportion (in size, degree or extent) with something else
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not commensurate; not admitting of a common measure; incommensurable.
- adj. Not of equal of sufficient measure or extent; not adequate.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not commensurate; not admitting of a common measure.
- Not of equal measure or extent; not adequate: as, means incommensurate to our wants.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. not corresponding in size or degree or extent
Sorry, no etymologies found.