from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Being such that comparison is impossible; incommensurable.
- adj. So outstanding as to be beyond comparison; unsurpassed.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. So much better than another as to be beyond comparison; matchless or unsurpassed.
- adj. Not able to be compared.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not comparable; admitting of no comparison with others; unapproachably eminent; without a peer or equal; matchless; peerless; transcendent.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not comparable; admitting of no comparison; especially, without a match, rival, or peer; unequaled; transcendent.
- Synonyms Matchless, peerless, unrivaled, unparalleled, nonpareil.
- n. In ornithology, the painted finch, Cyanospiza or Passerina ciris, more commonly called nonpareil.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. such that comparison is impossible; unsuitable for comparison or lacking features that can be compared
Sorry, no etymologies found.