from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not friendly; aloof: an unapproachable executive.
- adj. Not accessible; inapproachable: an unapproachable chalet high in the Alps.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. aloof and not friendly
- adj. not accessible or able to be reached
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- That cannot be approached or approximated; inaccessible; unattainable.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. inaccessibly located or situated
- adj. discouraging intimacies; reserved
un- + approachable (Wiktionary)