from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not to be touched.
- adj. Out of reach; unobtainable.
- adj. Being beyond the reach of criticism, impeachment, or attack.
- adj. Loathsome or unpleasant to the touch.
- n. A member of the class that is excluded from and considered unclean and defiling by the four Hindu castes.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Not able to be touched.
- n. A criminal so adept, they cannot be arrested or convicted.
- n. A pariah.
- n. In the Indian caste system, a member of the lowest caste.
- n. An incorruptible law enforcement agent
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not capable of being touched; intangible; unassailable.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. beyond the reach of criticism or attack or impeachment
- adj. ( especially used in traditional Hindu belief of the lowest caste or castes) defiling
- adj. forbidden to the touch
- adj. not capable of being obtained
- n. belongs to lowest social and ritual class in India
- adj. impossible to assail
un- + touchable (Wiktionary)